Background of this Handbook
This handbook has been prepared with reference to the provisions of Right to Information (RTI) Act, 2005 with a view to providing the public with the desired information about National Council for Teacher Education, an autonomous body set up by the Act of Parliament.
- “Council” means the National Council for Teacher Education established under sub-section (1) of Section 3 of NCTE Act, 1993.
- “Examining body” means a University, agency or authority to which an institution is affiliated for conducting examinations in teacher education qualifications;
- “Institution” means an institution which offers courses or training in teacher education;
- “Member” means a Member of the Council and includes the Chairperson and vice-Chairperson;
- “Prescribed” means prescribed by rules made under section 31;
- “Recognised institution” means an institution recognized by the Council under Section 14;
- “Regional Committee” means a committee established under Section 20;
- “Regulations” means regulations made under Section 32;
- “Teacher Education” means programmes of education, research or training of persons for equipping them to teach at pre-primary, primary, secondary and senior secondary stages in schools, and includes non-formal education, part-time education, adult education and correspondence education;
- “Teacher Education Qualification” means a degree, diploma or certificate in teacher education awarded by a University or examining body in accordance with the provisions of this Act;
- “University” means a University defined under clause (f) of section 2 of the University Grant Commission Act, 1956, and includes an institution deemed to be a University under section 3 of that Act;
Some Important facts and figures of the council
- Particulars of Organization, Functions and Duties
- Powers and Duties of Officers and Employees
- Rules, Regulations, Instructions, Manual and Records for Discharging Functions
- Particulars of any arrangement that exists for consultation with, or representation by the members of public in relation to the formulation of its policy or implementation thereof.
- A statement of boards, council, committees and other bodies constituted as per its part.
- Procedure followed in decision making process.
- Directory of officers & employees of NCTE, Head Quarters
- The monthly remuneration received by each of its Officers & employees
Contact Person to get more information
Name : Mr. Ramesh Lal Batra
Designation : Under Secretary
Address : National Council for Teacher Education
Hans Bhawan, Wing II,
1, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg,
Tel. No. / Fax : 011-23370141 / 23370128
Designed and Developed By: Mrs. Nilu Singh (Digital Photo Editing By: Mrs. Nilu Singh) , Updation By: Mr. Manoranjan Singh